RECENT GALLERIES- PHOTOS: Rollins & Ambrose Debut New Ring Gear!
- PHOTOS: Seth Rollins Debuts New Ring Gear!
- EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS: RAW Script For June 2, 2014!
- PHOTO: Luke Gallows' New Real-Life Wife!
- PHOTOS: Bray Wyatt's Real-Life Sister!
- PHOTO: "Selfie" Of Tessmacher Getting A Massage!
- PHOTO: Brooke Hogan Posts Some New Pics!
- PHOTOS: New Photos Of Candice Michelle!
- PHOTO: Stacy Keibler Shows Off Her Baby-Bump!
- PHOTO: Natalya & Her Real-Life Sister!
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
As previously reported, John Cena was injured during the June 8th house show against Bray Wyatt in a No Holds Barred match, suffering a nasty poke to the eye. After his eye swelled up big time, Cena had admitted that he couldn’t see out of the eye for a few days but still attended the house show the next night, where his match was changed to a six-man tag and he was used very briefly.
By the time RAW rolled around on Monday night, the swelling had subsided substantially, however it was still noticeable. Regardless, Cena worked a match on the show and was a lot more involved compared to the previous night’s house show in Rochester, Minnesota, where as noted, he simply tagged in to score the pin during the finish of a six-man tag-team match where he, along with The Usos, took on The Wyatt Family.
The RAW production crew was instructed to shoot only wide-angle shots of him with no close-ups, although his eye looked much better by that point.
Also, a little known fact was that Wyatt accidentally poked Cena in the eye during the Nexus angle when he was Husky Harris in late 2010/early 2011. At that point in time, he got heat not for the eyepoke but for not “apologizing enough.” It is said to be a main reason that he was sent back down to NXT at the time. According to sources, the demotion was due to the fact that he “didn’t apologize enough” for the mistake.