RECENT GALLERIES- PHOTO: The Rock On The 'Fast 6' Set!
- PHOTOS: Dean Ambrose's Black Eye At SmackDown!
- PHOTO: "Total Divas" Hosts Backstage At RAW!
- PHOTO: Sin Cara's WWE In-Ring Return!
- PHOTOS: Sheamus' Back Welts From RAW - OUCH!
- PHOTOS: Bray Wyatt Debuts A New Mask!
- PHOTO: Brock Lesnar Trashes Triple H's Office!
- PHOTO: Lesnar & Heyman Arrive At WWE HQ!
- PHOTOS: Roman Reigns Gets New Tattoos!
- PHOTO: Steve Austin At Weekend Gun Show!
Dave Batista recently spoke with MMAJunkie.com about his MMA debut this weekend. Here are the highlights…
On Being a Realist in Regards to Fighting MMA: “I know some people have a hard time understanding it. I’m obviously never going to make the money that I made in the WWE, and it’s not like I think I’m going to go become UFC champion.”
On Why He Is Fighting: “I just want the experience,” he said. “I don’t have any ulterior motive. I just want to do it because I love it so much. It was kind of a dead dream to me, but once they offered it to me I thought, why not? It was still a dream,” Bautista said. “I at least wanted to have one fight and get that experience.”
On Ignoring The Haters: “For people like that, I don’t think it would matter what I might say,” Bautista said. “I’m doing this for personal reasons. People are going to support me or they’re not. I was talking to ‘King’ Mo [Lawal] not long ago, since he’s going into professional wrestling for the first time, and that’s the first thing he told me was, don’t listen to the haters, because they’re going to hate no matter what.”