Chael Sonnen On CM Punk Crossing Over To MMA, More

Ryan Clark November 15, 2013 8

Chael Sonnen On CM Punk Crossing Over To MMA, More

In an interview with CBS Radio’s 106.7 The Fan DC, UFC fighter Chael Sonnen spoke about the possibility of his friend CM Punk getting into MMA.

He said: “Yeah, it’s good man. I mean, he’s given some serious consideration to coming over here and competing and doing this. He’s talked about it a number of times, and I don’t think he will personally, but I know he’s prepared to for a very long time. It’s kind of the reverse Brock Lesnar. Brock Lesnar knew how to wrestle, came here and then went right into wrestling. I think that Punk is learning how to fight, and has visions of coming from wrestling over to fighting. So we’ll see how all that works out, but like he says, he’s the best in the world at what he does.”

Sonnen also revealed that he has received offers from several pro wrestling organizations.

He added: “I’ve been offered that and those guys have all called and I’ve talked to them but, I’m not for sale. I’ve made my decision a long time ago and my loyalty is to Dana White and that’s never going to change.”

1. Jon Ramirez November 15, 2013 at 9:27 pm - Reply

This sport is like no other I would love for punk to take a fight at some point I’ve trained Gracie jujitsu for a long while now and I know punk has as well and I think any think is possible

2. Creature_of_the_Night November 15, 2013 at 9:52 pm - Reply

Love to see Brooks go MMA and get his butt whopped in a real fight. And I guarantee that tattooed baggy eyed greasy smarmy nymphomaniac would get his butt handed to him – GUAR – AN – TEE it!

WOULD LOVE IT!

He’d be as big a failure as Poopy Pants Lesnar.

Still love Cain for how he whooped Lesnar – Lesnar is a big hillbilly and has the look promoters want and White carved a path for Lesnar to the championship – but he couldn’t keep it.

Lesnar doesn’t know enough disciplines and was too one dimensional.

I said that from the beginning and got crucified.

Who was right? Just think back of Lesnar wobbling all around the Octagon at the end of that Cain fight.

WHO WAS RIGHT????

• Myaaaa November 16, 2013 at 2:56 am - Reply

Actually, the ufc is full of subpar talent. I’d love to fight you. Just give me one roound son. It would be a dream come true if you lived in the nidwest. Hell, I’d even come to you.one 5 minute round.
      1. Mma ruled ir even boxing. Come on creature. You agree, we can privately email and set this up.

Lets do it boy.

• Spartacus618 November 16, 2013 at 4:32 am - Reply

I like how creature talks about how he predicted all of this yet offers no proof that he actually said that and were supposed to take his word for it. I say this again creature you coward say that to Lesnar’s face.

• Creature_of_the_Night November 16, 2013 at 8:14 pm - Reply

I’ll say it to that fat poopy panted hillbilly’s face anytime.

Set it up.

He’ll get Cain Valesquezzed again, cha cha.

• Creature_of_the_Night November 16, 2013 at 8:16 pm - Reply

Lesnar is just a media creation you Universe members go gaga over.

You see guys like him – guys that aren’t as strong and tough as they look.

See ’em all the time.

He’s already been proven he isn’t so tough, and had his butt handed to him…after AND before the poopy pants.

• Creature_of_the_Night November 16, 2013 at 8:13 pm - Reply

Don’t sing it, cowboy……

……BRING IT!!!!!!!!

(motioning with four fingers on hand to bring it on)

3. anonymous November 16, 2013 at 8:15 pm - Reply