RECENT GALLERIES- PHOTO: Evan Bourne's Latest X-Ray Pics!
- PHOTO: Michael Cole In Makeup Room At RAW!
- PHOTO: John Cena Working Out At The Gym!
- PHOTO: Another WWE Star & Diva Dating!
- PHOTOS: The Original WWE Fandangirl!
- PHOTO: Brand New Candice Michelle Bikini Shot!
- PHOTO: Kelly Kelly & Her HOT Mom In Their Bikinis!
- PHOTO: Jimmy Uso & Naomi Dating In Real-Life!
- PHOTO: Sheamus Drinking A Huge Beer!
- PHOTOS: JBL & His Wife At The Zoo!
The Warren County Commonwealth’s Attorney Office has reduced a driving under the influence charge against TNA World Heavyweight Champion Kurt Angle to reckless driving.
Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney Michael Fleming disclosed the amended charge during a hearing in Warren General District Court on Tuesday. Angle, however, is still facing the same penalties, a maximum of one year in jail and a $2,500 fine.
Fleming refused to comment on the reasons for amending the charge. Judge W. Dale Houff scheduled a trial date for November 8, 2011.
Angle was arrested on September 4, 2011 by Virginia State Troopers for allegedly driving under the influence. He was placed in Warren County Jail before posting $2,000 bail and being released in the early morning. State police revealed that Angle’s initial breath test at the scene where he was stopped by police showed a blood-alcohol concentration of 0.091 percent, which was above the legal limit of 0.08 percent.
In a written statement issued two days after the arrest, Angle denied he was driving while intoxicated.
“I was returning from an Impact Wrestling show in an unfamiliar place, late at night and trying to find the exit for my hotel,” he said. “I did not believe my driving behavior was reckless or otherwise improper. Apparently law enforcement may have believed otherwise and pulled me over.”