RECENT GALLERIES- PHOTO: Kelly Kelly In A New Tan Bikini!
- PHOTO: Maria Kanellis With Lindsay Lohan!
- PHOTO: Eva Marie & Nikki Bella Kissing!
- PHOTO: Zack Ryder With His New Girlfriend!
- PHOTO: WWE Stars With "The Office" TV Star!
- PHOTO: Tony Chimel Loses 50 Pounds!
- PHOTOS: Nikki Bella Hosts Miss USA Pageant!
- PHOTO: Christian's WWE Return On RAW!
- PHOTO: CM Punk's New Look At Payback!
- PHOTO: RVD's WWE Return Announcement!
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
DirecTV is said to have no interest in carrying the new WWE Network pulling around 30% of revenue away from the company. A variety of cable carriers are reportedly not interested in paying a per subscriber rate for the channel, something WWE was hoping to rely on for profitability.
As reported earlier, one scenario discussed would be to charge a subscription fee directly to the consumer like HBO or Showtime. WWE has already attempted this with the 24/7 On-Demand service and could run the risk of losing more on the network than they earn in profits.
WWE has yet to commit to a date publicly although November appears to be the launch. Some believe we won’t see the WWE Network launch until early 2013.
We’ll keep you posted as we hear more.