RECENT GALLERIES- PHOTOS: Rollins & Ambrose Debut New Ring Gear!
- PHOTOS: Seth Rollins Debuts New Ring Gear!
- EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS: RAW Script For June 2, 2014!
- PHOTO: Luke Gallows' New Real-Life Wife!
- PHOTOS: Bray Wyatt's Real-Life Sister!
- PHOTO: "Selfie" Of Tessmacher Getting A Massage!
- PHOTO: Brooke Hogan Posts Some New Pics!
- PHOTOS: New Photos Of Candice Michelle!
- PHOTO: Stacy Keibler Shows Off Her Baby-Bump!
- PHOTO: Natalya & Her Real-Life Sister!
– As noted earlier, a new main event has been announced for Friday’s live event at Bryce Jordan Center in State College, Pennsylvania. The official website of the venue has announced that “Due to John Cena’s injury, The World’s largest Athlete, the seven-foot Big Show will face C.M. Punk for the WWE Championship!”
The other top match advertised for the event is Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara taking on WWE Intercontinental Champion The Miz and Tensai.
– The official WWE website has published this article chronicling the history of WarGames, a match used originally in the National Wrestling Alliance and later held annually in World Championship Wrestling, usually at their Fall Brawl pay-per-view event in September. The match generally involved two teams of four wrestlers locked inside a steel cage that encompassed two rings, but other variations were made.
– For those who may have missed it earlier, the official WWE website announced Tuesday that John Cena underwent surgery to remove bone chips in his elbow. Dr. James Andrews removed several pieces of bone cartilage from Cena’s elbow through a scope. He went home to Tampa, Fla. and immediately began rehab.
WWE initially stated that it would likely take four to six weeks for Cena to recover from a surgery of that nature before changing it to “two to three weeks.” Cena tweeted an update on his recovery status Wednesday afternoon disputing the company website’s second report.
“Some #jackwagon from @wwe dotcom apparently posted me recovering in 14 days,” Cena wrote. “I spoke in depth with my surgeon Dr James Andrews And he specifically told me due to the amount of fragmentation, SIX WEEKS is a safer time table for recovery. I apologize on behalf of a Website whos credibility is now equal to #theonion please @wwe web guys, get your monkey frankin facts straight!
He continued, “You folks have my word i will try my best to get healthy as quick as i can, and im sure i wont stay away from #raw but as of now I am supposed to lay low for SIX WEEKS. I will send surgery photos and video to @wwe so they can see how bad it really was. I am also sure that if @wwe took a second to reach out to the actual surgeon, that Dr Andrews would gladly comment.
“Ok, im now off the soap box and back to being just a one armed man. Enjoy your day.”