RECENT GALLERIES- PHOTOS: HBK's New Look Revealed!
- PHOTO: The Rock Buys Tamina Snuka A Car!
- PHOTO: WWE's Newest Developmental Diva!
- PHOTO: Evan Bourne's Latest X-Ray Pics!
- PHOTO: Michael Cole In Makeup Room At RAW!
- PHOTO: John Cena Working Out At The Gym!
- PHOTO: Another WWE Star & Diva Dating!
- PHOTOS: The Original WWE Fandangirl!
- PHOTO: Brand New Candice Michelle Bikini Shot!
- PHOTO: Kelly Kelly & Her HOT Mom In Their Bikinis!
– As noted this morning here on the website, Jeff Hardy scored a victory over “The Pope” D’Angelo Dinero at Friday night’s TNA house show in Enid, Oklahoma. Due to the victory, Hardy picked up 7 points in the Bound for Glory series, keeping him in the top half of the standings. TNA President Dixie Carter confirmed this news on her Twitter account Friday night. More TNA Bound for Glory series matches will take place at tonight’s live event as well.
– As noted last week here on the website, TNA announced that iMPACT! Wrestling streamed its Backstage Access live on Twitter, becoming “the first entertainment company” to stream live via its YouTube partner. This allowed the show to incorporate live tweets from fans into the show in real time, interact with fans during live pay-per-views in live Q&As and even allow fans to choose the main events and choose the fate of a wrestling hopeful.
TNA President Dixie Carter says, “We’ve always tried to keep connected with our fans and social media is a great way to do so. We’ve had a wonderful relationship with Twitter and we’re glad to be able to use their technology to bring the experience to our fans in a new way.”
You can follow the stream at @IMPACTWrestling.
Here is the official press release regarding this:
IMPACT WRESTLING BECOMES FIRST ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY TO STREAM LIVE TO TWITTER
TNA WRESTLING makes history with IMPACT franchise by becoming the first entertainment company on Twitter to stream its “Backstage Access” live
NASHVILLE, TN – (August 4, 2012) — TNA WRESTLING made history on the Thursday August 2, 2012 LIVE broadcast of IMPACT WRESTLING by becoming the first entertainment company on Twitter to stream its “Backstage Access” live via its YouTube partner on IMPACT’s Enhanced Twitter Page at www.twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING.
IMPACT WRESTLING has pioneered in the field of social media when it comes to professional wrestling – whether incorporating live tweets from fans into the weekly television show on Spike in real time, interacting with fans during live pay-per-views in live Q&A’s, allowing fans to choose the main events and even allowing fans to help chose the fate of whether or not a wrestling hopeful gets a professional wrestling contract.
“We’ve always tried to keep connected with our fans and social media is a great way to do so,” says TNA President Dixie Carter. “We’ve had a wonderful relationship with Twitter and we’re glad to be able to use their technology to bring the experience to our fans in a new way.”
The “Backstage Pass” allows fans to interact with the Superstars of IMPACT WRESTLING who appear on the television show as the show happens by sending questions via twitter using hashtags. The questions then get answered live via the live stream. The “Backstage Pass” also provides continuous coverage of live action in the ring when the show goes to commercial.
IMPACT WRESTLING airs live every Thursday at 8/7ct on Spike TV.