RECENT GALLERIES- PHOTO: Evan Bourne's Latest X-Ray Pics!
- PHOTO: Michael Cole In Makeup Room At RAW!
- PHOTO: John Cena Working Out At The Gym!
- PHOTO: Another WWE Star & Diva Dating!
- PHOTOS: The Original WWE Fandangirl!
- PHOTO: Brand New Candice Michelle Bikini Shot!
- PHOTO: Kelly Kelly & Her HOT Mom In Their Bikinis!
- PHOTO: Jimmy Uso & Naomi Dating In Real-Life!
- PHOTO: Sheamus Drinking A Huge Beer!
- PHOTOS: JBL & His Wife At The Zoo!
CM Punk’s recent incident with a fan was picked up by CNN.com. The fan is considering a lawsuit.
The “Ignite Baltimore” speaking event will have a presentation on CM Punk’s “Summer of Punk” WWE storyline from last year by Michael Special. Tickets are sold out, but people on the waiting list usually get let in. You can find more details here.
Here’s a synopsis: “Despite a reputation for being “fake”, the complex and politically charged world of professional wrestling routinely blurs the line between fiction and reality, sometimes with spectacular consequences. In June 2011 the talented but underutilized WWE wrestler CM Punk was weeks away from the expiration of his contract. Tired of his company’s cartoonish presentation of wrestling, with a live microphone and nothing left to lose, Punk abandoned his script. He broke the fourth wall and spoke directly to the audience, castigating WWE’s creative direction, its management and even wishing death upon its CEO. A panicked production room cut his feed. Punk was suspended.”
The event ignited a firestorm of support from fans who endorsed Punk’s “real life” vision of wrestling, leaving WWE with a catch-22 – stick to the “story” and alienate a large, vocal portion of their fan base or acknowledge the legitimacy of Punk’s claims and spark a very real battle for the soul of the sport itself.