RECENT GALLERIES- PHOTO: Linda McMahon Visits WWE HQ!
- PHOTO: The Rock On The 'Fast 6' Set!
- PHOTOS: Dean Ambrose's Black Eye At SmackDown!
- PHOTO: "Total Divas" Hosts Backstage At RAW!
- PHOTO: Sin Cara's WWE In-Ring Return!
- PHOTOS: Sheamus' Back Welts From RAW - OUCH!
- PHOTOS: Bray Wyatt Debuts A New Mask!
- PHOTO: Brock Lesnar Trashes Triple H's Office!
- PHOTO: Lesnar & Heyman Arrive At WWE HQ!
- PHOTOS: Roman Reigns Gets New Tattoos!
– As noted earlier today, there was an incident Sunday night at St. Louis International Airport involving WWE Champion CM Punk and a fan.
As Punk arrived to the airport from Omaha, Nebraska, a fan asked him for an autograph and was turned down. We don’t know the story behind it other than the fan may have been rude in his approach. This led to another fan yelling at Punk and causing a scene, which culminated with Punk throwing the man’s autograph book in a garbage can.
Airport police immediately encountered Punk and the man, with Punk appearing very annoyed at having his time wasted. Other WWE talent were asking fans if they knew “the fat guy”—the man whose book Punk threw in the garbage can. Punk then went on Twitter and made a mention of “unacceptable behavior” and “one person ruins it for everyone. He also thanked all the respectful fans at the airport and noted that he just doesn’t like rude people.
We hope to have more on this shortly. Stay tuned.
– Variety has published an article on WWE’s expanded social media presence, with comments from Stephanie McMahon, With the expansion of Raw to three-hours WWE plans to offer fans the chance to influence what occurs during the show through online polls and hashtag voting during the first hour that then play out in the third.
“We’re going to use social media in a more enhanced fashion,” besides just promotion, McMahon told Variety. “Our fans will affect some type of content in the show every week.”
Doing so “keeps your audience tuned into the broadcast for the entire three hours,” McMahon believes.
“What our audience wants is great creative; it’s what any audience wants,” McMahon said. “We need to provide content across every different platform so that our fans can engage across any device they prefer. Every property is struggling with that. As long as you are everywhere, you keep and grow your audience as well.”
For those wondering, Vince McMahon and Stephanie McMahon are both expected to appear on RAW tonight. Linda McMahon will not be appearing and Shane McMahon is “highly unlikely”.