RECENT GALLERIES- PHOTO: The Rock On The 'Fast 6' Set!
- PHOTOS: Dean Ambrose's Black Eye At SmackDown!
- PHOTO: "Total Divas" Hosts Backstage At RAW!
- PHOTO: Sin Cara's WWE In-Ring Return!
- PHOTOS: Sheamus' Back Welts From RAW - OUCH!
- PHOTOS: Bray Wyatt Debuts A New Mask!
- PHOTO: Brock Lesnar Trashes Triple H's Office!
- PHOTO: Lesnar & Heyman Arrive At WWE HQ!
- PHOTOS: Roman Reigns Gets New Tattoos!
- PHOTO: Steve Austin At Weekend Gun Show!
Partial Source: Pwtorch.com
– WWE is asking for an extension of time so they can properly respond to the lawsuit that’s been issued against them, Stephanie Music, composer Jim Johnston and Michael Hayes by James Papas. Papas co-wrote and composed the theme song associated with Michael Hayes and the Fabulous Freebirds, “Badstreet USA,” along with other entrance themes used by WCW.
WWE received a motion that gives them until October 8 to respond to the lawsuit. Papas claims that his original registered songs were later re-registered to WWE and listed Jim Johnston and/or Michael Hayes as the composers of the material, along with Stephanie Music as the publisher. This takes away revenue and credit that Papas feels should have gone to him.
He also claims that WWE wrongfully infringed on his music by using “Badstreet USA” in ring tones released by WWE, by using material he composed on the DVD The Triumph and Tragedy of World Class Championship Wrestling and by using his work on various older matches broadcast on the Classics on Demand VOD service.
Papas claims that “due to Defendant WWE’s erroneous registrations and its failure to submit proper cues to BMI, Plaintiffs have not received any payment or royalties in connection with these performances.”
– This weekend, WWE continues their weekend house show tour with the SmackDown brand performing their second-ever show in China and the RAW brand touring Mississippi and Arkansas.
WWE Champion CM Punk and Chris Jericho are not booked for the RAW brand’s shows taking place tonight in Biloxi, Mississippi and tomorrow in Texarkana, Arkansas. RAW GM A.J. Lee, Ryback, Brodus Clay, Divas champion Layla, Eve, and Beth Phoenix are scheduled to be there along with the following matches:
Dolph Ziggler vs. Sin Cara
IC champion The Miz vs. Christian
John Cena vs. Tensai in a Last Man Standing Match
The Smackdown brand will be in Shanghai, China tonight and Taipei, Taiwan tomorrow. World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus, Alberto Del Rio, Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio, Big Show, Daniel Bryan, Kane, Cody Rhodes, WWE tag champion Kofi Kingston, U.S. champion Santino, and Yoshi Tatsu are scheduled to appear, along with Kelly Kelly and Natalya.