RECENT GALLERIES- PHOTOS: WWE "To-Do List" Script Leaks!
- PHOTOS: 18-Page RAW Script For 4/14/2014 Show!
- PHOTOS: Jack Swagger Briefly Wins I-C Title!
- PHOTOS: Daniel Bryan & Brie Bella's Wedding!
- PHOTO: Daniel Bryan & Bella's Wedding Rehearsal!
- PHOTO: Legends At WrestleMania XXX After Party!
- PHOTO: Cameron Wardrobe Malfunction At WMXXX!
- PHOTOS: The Kliq Reunites Backstage At WWE HOF!
- PHOTOS: Undertaker Out-Of-Character At Axxess!
- PHOTO: CM Punk At "Against Me!" Concert In Illinois!
The Rock recently did an interview with the WWE Magazine and revealed why he wants to regain the WWE Title. Check out the highlights:
On why regaining the belt is important: “It starts with recognizing what the WWE Championship represents to me. Every time I hold that title over my head in victory, it not only signifies the fact that I have delivered the absolute best entertainment that I could to the WWE Universe, but that I’m taking a moment to live an experience that all the generations of wrestlers in my family strived to achieve. There is no other award that I could receive that’s as deeply ingrained in my blood and history as the WWE Championship – and that’s why it means so much to me.”
At the same time, The Rock said that after his first WWE Title reign – which came in 1998 – he decided that he would never allow his possession of or lack of the WWE Title define his career.
On not letting the title define his career: “After my first WWE Championship run came to an end, I made a conscious decision that night that I would work harder than any other Superstar in the locker room to become the type of WWE entertainer who, if I never had another championship run again, it would not define my career. I never wanted to rely on a title run for success.”
On his recent recent approach of mixing entertainment with seriousness: “My goal was to get to a place where I relied only on what I could bring to the table in terms of being entertaining and having a one-of-a-kind – and electrifying – connection with all of the WWE Universe.