RECENT GALLERIES- PHOTOS: HBK's New Look Revealed!
- PHOTO: The Rock Buys Tamina Snuka A Car!
- PHOTO: WWE's Newest Developmental Diva!
- PHOTO: Evan Bourne's Latest X-Ray Pics!
- PHOTO: Michael Cole In Makeup Room At RAW!
- PHOTO: John Cena Working Out At The Gym!
- PHOTO: Another WWE Star & Diva Dating!
- PHOTOS: The Original WWE Fandangirl!
- PHOTO: Brand New Candice Michelle Bikini Shot!
- PHOTO: Kelly Kelly & Her HOT Mom In Their Bikinis!
Partial Source: Pwinsider.com
– Larry Goodman sent this in: In return for dismissal of the lawsuit being brought against it, the National Wrestling Alliance (Pro Wrestling Organization LLC) has agreed to relinquish the brand to a coalition of NWA member led by R. Bruce Tharpe. Tharpe, the owner of Brownsville-based NWA World Class, had filed a suit against then Executive Director Bob Trobich and the NWA Board of Directors alleging insurance fraud and financial mismanagement. Along with Tharpe, co-plaintiff Chris Ronquillo and NWA Board member Fred Rubenstein have been identified as the key players in the coalition. The fallout from the power shift has begun. Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling (NWA affiliate through Slim Baucom) and PWX (NWA East/Jim Miller) have already announced their departures from the NWA. The status of NWA Georgia territory owner Bill Behrens is yet to be determined. Among the promotions that maintain NWA affiliation through Behrens are two (NWA Anarchy and NWA Rampage Pro Wrestling) that have television. RPW has also featured multiple appearances by NWA world champions over the last year. Court proceedings in Brownsville had not been favorable to the NWA. At a March hearing, Judge Arturo McDonald affirmed the Texas court’s jurisdiction over the defendants. Although no longer an NWA member, Texas resident Ken Taylor was named in the suit, thus providing grounds for the state court in Texas to have jurisdiction. Trobich was later held in contempt of court and sanctioned $500 a day by Judge McDonald for failing to appear and answer questions about the NWA bank account. Judge McDonald then denied the NWA’s request to move the case to arbitration. The NWA Board was facing a costly legal battle that they could ill afford if they chose to defend the case in Texas.
– CHIKARA has announced that the following teams will be apart of the 2012 King of Trios Tournament. The 2012 King of Trios tournament takes place on September 14th, 15th and 16th. Here is the updated list of teams…
* The Extreme Trio: Jerry Lynn, 2 Cold Scorpio, Tommy Dreamer
* F.I.S.T: Chuck Taylor, Johnny Gargano, Icarus
* The Batiri: Obariyon, Kobald and Kodama
* The Spectral Envoy: Hallowicked, Frightmare, Ultramantis Black
* The Throwbacks: Mr. Touchdown, Dasher Hatfield and Matt Classic
* Team JWP: Comando Bolshoi, Tsubasa Kuragaki and Kaori Yoneyama
* Team Ring of Honor: Nick Jackson, Matt Jackson and Mike Bennett
* The Swar: CombatANT, deviANT, Soldier Ant
* Quack, Jig and Toyota: Mike Quackenbush, Jigsw and Manami Toyota
* The Faces of Pain: Meng, The Warlord and The Barbarian
* Team Osaka Pro:Ebessan, Kikutaro and Takayakida
– The following fighters took home $65,000 bonuses from the UFC 149 pay-per-view event Saturday night…
* KNOCKOUT OF THE NIGHT: Ryan Jimmo
* SUBMISSION OF THE NIGHT: Matt Riddle
* FIGHT OF THE NIGHT: Bryan Caraway vs. Mitch Gagnon