Update: Vince McMahon’s Decision Making Issues

Ryan Clark December 6, 2013 11

Update: Vince McMahon’s Decision Making Issues

Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

UPDATE: WWE reportedly promoted the “CM Punk vs. a member of The Shield on SmackDown” on last Monday’s RAW because at around 10PM on Monday, Vince McMahon had yet to come to a decision on which of the three members of The Shield would be the best opponent for Punk.

ORIGINAL: As might be expected, Vince McMahon and Triple H are reportedly the only real key decision makers in terms of power within WWE. A new report says that plans for SmackDown are made on late Monday afternoon once RAW is set, and that the two don’t begin to start talking about the Friday show until then.

Around 6 PM on Monday, McMahon will ask the writing team for a main event on SmackDown so that it can be promoted on RAW and at that point, writers begin trying to come up with ideas for a big, promotable match. This is said to be the reason that SmackDown and Main Event matches which are announced on RAW often change. This is also just another example of no long-term booking and very late creative changes on a weekly basis.

1. Lollieman December 6, 2013 at 6:51 am - Reply

I think it worked out for the better though, adds some mystery to the whole scenario.

2. Creature_of_the_Night December 6, 2013 at 5:49 pm - Reply

Vince McMahon in the 80s and 90s took chances, had edge, pushed the envelope, and put out a good product and still had wrestling in his blood.

The 2000s to current Vince McMahon is an out of touch old man who has abandoned true wrestling fans and sold out. He is the old man – like Al Davis was, the game has past him by and he has totally lost touch.

He went from being the cool guy on the block to the old man afraid to take chances and out of touch. Banning blood, making things PG, banning words, banning moves, taking away things from guys that make them unique, their moves, etc.

But no matter the era – McMahon is a guy who cared about one thing only——>$$$$. Vinnie Mac flat out is not a great guy.

He never had great morals, slept around on his wife, Hickenbottom was his boyfriend, messed with Divas, embarrassed people, was ruthless, blackballed people, abused his power, involved with steroids, and killed a lot of great companies (AWA, World Class, Stampede, the list goes on) that still might have been around today and probably wouldn’t have sold out. A lot of dirt on McMahon.

But if you look in the grand scheme of things – McMahon has been bad for pro wrestling – from killing great companies, to now totally bastardizing pro wrestling and ruining things – the cr*p he puts out now isn’t pro wrestling – his company is a child’s company now – not an old school pro wrestling company – and us REAL pro wrestling fans were left in the dust.

That’s why when I see WWE do stuff for the troops, cancer research, be a star, etc….I just see it as a ploy by WWE – don’t see it as sincere….just like their drug program – smoke and mirrors – as you can tell I have no respect for McMahon or the company. May take years – and you can see a decline now – and everyone talks about TNA’s demise with glee for some twisted reason – but I can see a time in the distant future that WWE folds.

Vince McMahon isn’t some great guy – and he isn’t a great human being. And everything I said above is fact – look it up.

Vince McMahon and WWE were dead to me a long time ago.

People crucify me and say I am a horrid person for what I like, sites ban me, people make up 15 Disqus accounts to troll me, etc……for liking TNA and ROH (no matter what they say….”the way you say it” blah blah blah)…..but to me…

you have to be blind to NOT see why I would hate WWE (formerly WWWF and WWF).

• joe December 6, 2013 at 9:36 pm - Reply

They bann you because youre a pr*ck. I imagine you being a pr*ck hasn’t put you on the path to six figures. Nobody has 15 accounts on here, turd. Grow up. Again, go make your own TnA dedication website. Spinless w*nker. Everything you said Isn’t fact its opinion. Clearly OPINION. Its not written in any biography that Mr McMahon is a horrid person; that is your OPINION. God you are the dumbest f*cking person on the planet. Look, THATS an opinion. One with popularity too. Go read a dictionary. Again your stupidity gives me a headache.

3. Creature_of_the_Night December 6, 2013 at 6:40 pm - Reply

And it always gets me when the people/Universe say “OH things change, no need not to like it, change with the times.”

Um, excuse me, why do I have to like something if it changes????

Why am I required to do that? Why can’t I dislike changes?

So guess what! Ford is changing to cars that don’t run and just sit there? And they are charging 15,000 for them……so buy it! What? You don’t want a car that doesn’t run and want to pay 15,000 for that? Come on! Things change! Change with the times.

And it isn’t a matter of WWE “changing with the times” or modernizing – if anything, I call it regression – it isn’t the same product it was in the 80s (yes the time when there WAS blood in WWF……documented fact) or the 90s, 70s, 60s, etc.

WWE is completely different.

If I miss any TNA, I feel like I missed something – I dvr’ed it and went in the kitchen and missed something yesterday , and I went back and rewinded it because I didn’t want to miss anything – I think specifically yesterday it was when Sting was talking to Magnus – wanted to hear the conversation because I find how they are handling the Magnus situation is intriguing –

I hardly watch WWE and haven’t for years, and I don’t feel I missed anything.

• dan szatkowski December 6, 2013 at 7:00 pm - Reply

Things change if you don’t like don’t watch it. But all your bitching ain’t going to change it so just watch your TNA. Which I don’t since Ithink it and storylines are dumb . And I was brought up as you on wwwf and www and before. My dad took me to a to Friday night wrestling in Buffalo NY with CocoBrazil, Haystacks and others.

• Creature_of_the_Night December 6, 2013 at 7:31 pm - Reply

What’s wrong with commenting on WWE if you don’t like it – go to other sites – I’ve seen the most horrible things said about TNA and Dixie?

Why don’t you complain about that?

WWE isn’t above criticism, bubba.

Unless the site specifically says “no bashing WWE” on it, I don’t see why WWE can’t be criticized.

Why the Universe thinks that WWE is above that?

• David December 6, 2013 at 9:45 pm - Reply

You’re right wwe isn’t above criticism. Neither is tna. You’re not the only one who’s allowed to express opinion. WWE will be around for a while. They’ve changed with the times. It’s sad but true. The attitude era would not be successful in today’s times. People get way to offended. People hate you because you act like you’re a god.

• Lollieman December 7, 2013 at 4:14 pm - Reply

I believe I may have been one of those who mention the whole change is good thing and I will give you shall I say “kudos” for the point that change can be bad because unlike a lot of people on this site including at times those running it man enough to admit I am mistaken, but in my opinion I believe this is NOT one of those cases in which change is negative. Especially in 2013 in particular, I believe the WWE has a renewed vigor.

The argument of hating something because it is different could be also taken by the more level-headed members of society who dislike TNA (as I’ve mentioned before, I am not one of them and see both companies equally with both having flaws and am a fan of both. I also see myself as you have put it, a “self respecting wrestling fan”.) If you compare TNA from 2002 to 2007 to 2013 it is like the difference between an emu, penguin and a hummingbird, same species completely different, including 2013 TNA having (just an observation) a lot less of your crimson gold flowing (i.e one of your main WWE criticisms)

However, I stand by the fact that (btw MESSAGE FOR EVERYONE TIME) how you feel is how you feel, how I feel is how I feel, how everyone else feels is how everyone else feels and no matter how strongly we feel about them we should NEVER go out our way to force our beliefs onto others as it will only end in turmoil and the eventual downfall of humanity itself.

Thank you for your time.

4. Creature_of_the_Night December 6, 2013 at 7:33 pm - Reply

People/Universe often say “Why do you hate WWE so strongly blah blah blah”…

…well, clip and save the posts below because you have a perfect explanation for it now. And don’t have an excuse to ask ever again.

Totally and clearly justified and explained why I feel like I do.

God bless.