RECENT GALLERIES- PHOTO: Linda McMahon Visits WWE HQ!
- PHOTO: The Rock On The 'Fast 6' Set!
- PHOTOS: Dean Ambrose's Black Eye At SmackDown!
- PHOTO: "Total Divas" Hosts Backstage At RAW!
- PHOTO: Sin Cara's WWE In-Ring Return!
- PHOTOS: Sheamus' Back Welts From RAW - OUCH!
- PHOTOS: Bray Wyatt Debuts A New Mask!
- PHOTO: Brock Lesnar Trashes Triple H's Office!
- PHOTO: Lesnar & Heyman Arrive At WWE HQ!
- PHOTOS: Roman Reigns Gets New Tattoos!
Partial Source: Pwinsider
The US government has denied Mocker LLC’s request to register a trademark for “ECW.” The reason cited is that it would likely cause confusion with WWE’s registration of ECW trademarks. They further note that the marketplace could be confused because they are providing similar services that existing trademarks owned by WWE already do, which can confuse potential customers.
In the refusal letter, ECW One Night Stand, ECW Extremists, and ECW Vixens were listed as WWE trademarks that use the “ECW” letters.
The government also noted that TNA Wrestling is an example of how the trademark owner can have a similar place in the marketplace but still use a unique trademark.
Mocker has six months to respond to the refusal letter.