What Are TNA’s Plans For The World Title & AJ Styles?

Ryan Clark October 25, 2013 21

What Are TNA’s Plans For The World Title & AJ Styles?

**THE FOLLOWING CONTAINS **SPOILERS** FOR NEXT WEEK’S TNA IMPACT! BROADCAST! YOU’VE BEEN WARNED!!**

After AJ Styles “walked out” of the company last night, Dixie Carter will announce a tournament to crown a new champion on next week’s episode, which airs on Halloween.

A gauntlet match will headline next Thursday’s show to determine one of the participants, and the actual tournament begins on November 7.

The expected names in the tournament are Kurt Angle, Austin Aries, Chris Sabin, Jeff Hardy, Samoa Joe, Bobby Roode, Magnus and James Storm.

It should also be noted that there was talk of AJ Styles defending the TNA title at numerous indy promotion events. We’ll see if that’s still the plan.

1. Tommy Colosi October 26, 2013 at 3:15 am - Reply

AJ is a babyface, so doesn’t a heel have to win? my money is on Roode… though with the UK tour in January Magnus would make sense too.

2. Jimmy October 26, 2013 at 5:09 am - Reply

As much as I like TNA and AJ Styles especially, this is a pretty close rip off of the Cena-Punk angle when Punk won the belt, walked out on the company, and then Cena won tournament to crown a new champ and then Punk came back and fought with Cena over who the real champ is. If this angle plays out the same way, I’ll be disappointed by the lack of originality. And this is coming from a big TNA fan. I can’t imagine what the WWE fans who all hate TNA are going to say.

• Default1988 October 26, 2013 at 5:32 am - Reply

As a WWE fan and as someone who isn’t fond of TNA I wont say a word cuz I don’t watch TNA…..But if “Creature” comes on here and runs his mouth (no disrespect to you or the “logical” TNA fan) I’ll admit Im bringin this up…..

• Creature_of_the_Night October 26, 2013 at 2:32 pm - Reply

The “Logical” TNA fan is you talking to yourself, Universe member.

Nice try.

• Creature_of_the_Night October 26, 2013 at 2:33 pm - Reply

Hey X2C, Anon, Shane, go back to WI. You cry about me, then follow me.

LOL

• Default1988 October 26, 2013 at 5:52 pm - Reply

Dude you’re delusional as hell……I have no idea where you get the idea that I have 50 accounts……Ive told you before Ive got 2 accounts…..this one and MarkWarren (which I never really use)……But anyway, when someone points out the obvious to you, that’s cryin? I think you’re confusing “crying” and “owning”…..(which someone would only need 1 account to do btw) And for as long as you wanna be so ridiculous with your WWE hate I will follow you on this site (I don’t care about other sites cuz thankfully this is the only site you go on that Im on) and own you just like everyone else does……The logical TNA fan will admit whats wrong with TNA just like the logical WWE fan will admit whats wrong with WWE…..Im happy you called me a “universe member” because I get to finally say this: You say you don’t back down from “universe members”? Well you sure back down from me…..Just sayin…….

• Gary Mcbain October 26, 2013 at 10:59 am - Reply

i doubt it my friend. AJs contract is up. he might not be back in tna. especially with the financial trouble there having right now. and for the record, wwe fans dont hate tna. we just prefer wwe

• Jimmy October 26, 2013 at 2:07 pm - Reply

I don’t know about that. I think this whole thing is an angle. It wouldn’t do TNA any good to televise AJ walking out on the company while he’s champ only to write him off and never come back. Look what happened with Ken Anderson……everyone thought he was done with TNA a few months ago including myself and then he returned. I think AJ will be back.

• Creature_of_the_Night October 26, 2013 at 2:36 pm - Reply

I prefer TNA and ROH, and hate WWE and its fans with every fiber of my being.

God bless.

• jimmy October 27, 2013 at 6:50 am - Reply

If you hate WWE fans ‘with every fibre” why do you converse with so many on this site? If you hate WWE so much why bother researching all their real names? Hey good for you, you know how to use Wikipedia! The fact you have gone out of your way to do that, and you talking in brackets is like the most pitiful stuff I have ever seen…Go build your own site , and talk to yourself, just like you do here, you have some serious issues…you need real help man, you need to go get a mental evaluation done, …your point is clear you love TNA and you hate WWE [ and all its fans] ok so beat it , move on, its like a band that knows only one song, eventually the act gets lame,.. your comments are boring, and predictable, biased, and totally inaccurate, please ban yourself from this site, you are a faceless coward who seems to be really tough hiding behind a keyboard…go find a job, contribute to society, do something with your life rather then typing out 18 500 comments that are all the same. I think you are desperate for attention , and this sadly is the only way you gain any..I laugh at your comments mostly..It’s comparable to listening to some kind of preacher, except here TNA is the almighty and WWE is the devil, I swear that is exactly what you come off like.

• Gary Mcbain October 27, 2013 at 2:50 pm -

dont think ive read anything truer in my life. but it wont do any good. u cant use logic with a delusional person

• jimmy October 27, 2013 at 10:15 pm -

Thanks Gary, the Coward of the Night is a sad case, so much hatred inside him, I picture the fella in a room in a boarding house somewhere in the middle of nowhere , had a lot of rejection in his life, and takes it out on WWE fans! He needs to see a doctor and get proper meds….

• Gary Mcbain October 27, 2013 at 10:41 pm -

I’m sure I’ve got the number for a good doctor here somewhere lol

• jimmy October 29, 2013 at 4:45 am -

Hey looks like we drove the coward of the night outta here! …KUDOS! What a lame phony, he knew more about storylines and real names in WWE then any self confessed fans out there, his comments were boring , and pointing out his contradictions and inaccuracies was easier then shooting fish in a barrel! Atleast we can read these articles without some stupid comments after each one…this news about TNA up for sale must have him spinning in his boarding house room…I actually try to enjoy TNA when I catch it , it’s just the idiotic biased comments I didn’t enjoy.

• Gary Mcbain October 29, 2013 at 2:58 pm -

nope. hes back with a vengance. i knew he would. he seems committed to his cause of…. umm what is his cause? lol

• Creature_of_the_Night October 29, 2013 at 2:38 pm -

“TNA is the almighty and WWE is the devil”

—-

Pretty much the most accurate thing you ever typed, X2C.

Kudos.

• jimmy October 29, 2013 at 4:10 pm -

Here Coward , seemed like you forgot to add 3 or 4 comments to this article..your delusion and phoniness is pitiful …..According to reliable TNA sources, the Carter family is open to selling TNA Wrestling.
            “There’s a lot of moves, there’s a lot of moves that are being done behind the scenes,” the source said. “No matter what anyone is going to say right now, there’s big things going on behind the scenes as far as the future ownership of the company, and at that point, god only knows where it goes.”
            The source continued. “There’s people looking to get in, and I think the Carters are looking to get out. They’ve lost enough money and all that, and you know as far as what that means, who knows. But they’ve been looking to get out for a while. Now everyone is going to scream at me, but that’s 100%. That’s the stuff that they don’t want you know. They’ve been looking to get out when they didn’t want to fund them anymore.”
            Rumored parties range from Eric Bischoff, Jeff Jarrett, Viacom and even WWE. According to sources, they’ve been wanting to get out of the wrestling business for several months now, after they’ve thrown everything at the company without any financial success….

3. Creature_of_the_Night October 26, 2013 at 2:34 pm - Reply

You know who I want to win.

SELFISH GENERATION!!!!

Roode vs Styles is gold. I actually would look forward to the mic work between those two.

TNA is clicking on all cylinders right now – doing a lot of things right.

Great roster.

4. Creature_of_the_Night October 26, 2013 at 2:41 pm - Reply

AJ and Dixie have both been excellent.

5. anonymous October 29, 2013 at 4:09 pm - Reply