RECENT GALLERIES- PHOTO: Linda McMahon Visits WWE HQ!
- PHOTO: The Rock On The 'Fast 6' Set!
- PHOTOS: Dean Ambrose's Black Eye At SmackDown!
- PHOTO: "Total Divas" Hosts Backstage At RAW!
- PHOTO: Sin Cara's WWE In-Ring Return!
- PHOTOS: Sheamus' Back Welts From RAW - OUCH!
- PHOTOS: Bray Wyatt Debuts A New Mask!
- PHOTO: Brock Lesnar Trashes Triple H's Office!
- PHOTO: Lesnar & Heyman Arrive At WWE HQ!
- PHOTOS: Roman Reigns Gets New Tattoos!
WWE announced late Wednesday night via Twitter that Tyler Reks has been released from his contract with the organization. It’s interesting they didn’t put the message on WWE.com.
“WWE has come to terms on the release of Gabe Tufts (Tyler Reks) as of Tuesday, Aug. 21. We wish Gabe all the best in his future endeavors,” the message reads, which was made through an iPad.
Reks, whose real name is actually Gabe Tuft, cited his desire to spend time with his family in a message posted on Facebook and Twitter. He wrote, “I realized recently that being a Superstar means sacrificing certain things, including time with my family. As a new father, my heart broke every time I had to leave to go on the road. I didn’t ever want to miss another moment with my daughter, so I made the decision to be a full time dad and hang up my boots.”
SmackDown Superstar William Regal, who feuded with Reks earlier this year on NXT, commented on his release via Twitter: “I was told that Tyler Reks has finished with WWE.Talented lad who was a gentleman.I admire his unselfish gesture for his family.Good man.”
RAW Superstar JTG also posted his tweet since his controversial diatribe two weeks ago, writing, “The locker room will miss you bro.”